Cancer is among the leading causes of death all over the world. It affects people from all walks of life. Cancer is known as a silent killer because its onset is rarely detected, up until the disease is already at its advanced stages. For this reason, the scientific community has geared its research towards early detection and prevention. How can one prevent cancer? This article will show you some natural ways of preventing this dreaded disease.
Cancer, by definition, is the abnormal multiplication of cells inside the body. It has the ability to quickly spread all over the body and attack healthy cells. When this happens, a tumor is created. Fortunately, not all tumors are harmful; benign types do not spread, but the one to look out for is something called malignant tumor.
There are some telltale signs of cancer and they are the following:
- Coughing that has been on and off for a long time without any sign of improvement
- Profuse or sudden bleeding
- Appearance of lump
- Sudden dropping of weight
- Irregular bowel movement
It is important to note that the abovementioned signs may also occur due to some other reasons besides cancer; hence, it is advisable to conduct early detection protocols at least once a year.
The old saying that an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure rings true especially with cancer. Records show that cancer treatments are among the most expensive medical procedures. Trillions of dollars is spent all over the world on treatment alone, based on the reports made by the World Health Organization. In order to counteract this, below are some steps you may try to prevent cancer.
- Cancer lives off on sugar. By minimizing your consumption of sugar and other food products that contain this sweet ingredient, you are depriving cancer cells of fuel.
- Avoid processed food. Processed food contains innumerable chemical components and preservatives that are unhealthy to the body. Canned goods, soda, processed meats, and others are cancer magnets so stay away from them.
- Drop tobacco, alcohol, and drugs off your system. These substances put unnecessary stress on your bodily functions and can make your immune system work overtime.
- Get enough sleep. This activity is often neglected in a persons day-to-day schedule. Sleep is the bodys opportunity to rest and heal up. Depriving yourself of sleep is a sure way to get cancer easier.
- A regular exercise regimen ensures that your body is in top shape. Blood circulation is also improved through exercise. Good blood circulation will give various parts of the body access to much-needed nutrients.
As you can see, a healthy immune system is essential to fight cancer. For many years, Western medicine has been on the lookout for alternative ways to fight the dreaded disease. Well, those who practice Chinese medicine has been using the Cordyceps herb to address this malady. Scientifically known as Cordyceps sinensis, this traditional herb has been a staple in Chinese medicine for a very long time.
It helps in fighting cancer by improving your immune system, allowing your body to take the fight to cancer. This is an approach that is different from using chemicals to beat cancer on contact. Because Cordyceps helps your body achieve a much stronger immune system, it does not pose any side effects that may dissuade potential users.
More importantly, capsules are now made available in the market by firms that specialize in herbal remedies, mainly for ease of use and long term storage. If you are looking for an alternative cancer treatment, this all-natural herb may prove to be your ticket to life without the big C.
The author does not allow comments to this entry